My Honda CM400T (Or E)

My Honda CM400T (Or E)
This is how my bike looked upon purchase.

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Going Beyond

Over the last 10 days, my father-in-law and I have removed the rotor and replaced it with one from my parts bike. We have gone over every electrical connection, cleaned them and used dielectric grease to help improve the connections. We have replaced the ignition coil and the CDI unit with the one from my parts bike. We have spent quite a lot of time on this and unfortunately, I feel that we are actually moving backward on this. We get spark at one point and nothing the next, except the times we get nothing seem to be increasing.


I have come to the decision that I need to get some professional advice and have contacted a shop in town to come pick up the bike and go over it to let me know what needs to be done. In a sense, I am disappointed in that I couldn’t do this without help. In another sense, the realization that I have learned quite a bit about motorcycles. The fact that I could have an intelligent conversation with the mechanic and point him in the right direction is something I never thought I would be able to do. When I get the bike back, I will continue my updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment