My Honda CM400T (Or E)

My Honda CM400T (Or E)
This is how my bike looked upon purchase.

Monday, April 12, 2010

Parting Out

The weirdness continues. After running great one day, I could not even get a spark the next. On top of it, the carburetor started overflowing. This weekend did not allow fro much progress. I took a great deal of time taking out the exhaust system from my parts bike to sell to some guy in New York State. What is beneficial is that the price he is paying actually covers the cost of my parts bike (So I will be subtracting that from my cost list). The negative part is that it took a long time, with the bolts on the exhaust being very unforgiving, thus not allowing m to move forward. It is worth it in that it continues to support my need to remain revenue neutral in the project.

My father-in-law and I spent our time on Sunday fixing the carbs. He was showing me how to use some Vernier calipers. Interesting, but it gave me a bit of a headache. First of all, reading decimalized inches just doesn’t make sense to someone now used to metric. It gets all screwy in my head. Anyway, we had to replace the floats, using floats from another set of carbs. We have replaced the ignition coil and CDI unit from main bike with the parts from the parts bike. I am waiting on a flywheel puller that should be in tomorrow, as we want to take the rotor off to see if there is anything behind that may be trapping moisture.

Boy, reading the last half of the previous paragraph, you’d think I actually knew something about motors. Well, you can fool some of the people….

No comments:

Post a Comment