My Honda CM400T (Or E)

My Honda CM400T (Or E)
This is how my bike looked upon purchase.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Spending Spree

Such fun!

In my attempt to keep this project revenue neutral, I recently sold off items from another hobby. This raised enough money that I was able to go on a bit of a shopping spree. One thing I find is that, at least compared to parts for my Civic, motorcycle parts tend to be inexpensive. It’s just a matter of tracking them down!

With my new found cash, I purchased a new air filter and a battery. I am tired of recharging the old one and I think many problems are as a result of the lack of cranking power of the present battery. I purchased a new choke and a package of gaskets for the bike. I lucked out, in that the place where I bought the choke and gaskets was moving. As a result, they were in a bit of disarray and sold me the gaskets at half price because they couldn’t find what I originally wanted. I had asked for a valve cover gasket and exhaust gaskets. The package I purchased has all the gaskets on the bike. This could prove very useful down the road.

I also bought motorcycle jack off Kijiji. I am a real Kijiji fan. A guy was selling a motorcycle/ATV jack for $50. When I called the guy about the jack, he told me he was just about to come to my town to meet his girlfriend. We arranged to meet at a Tim Hortons. We discussed the location, because there are actually a number of Hortons in my area. I headed over and waited.

And waited.

And waited.

After a long wait, I was a little angry and left. I called him and in about an hour he called back, angry that I had stood him up. After some conversation, it became clear that I was waiting at one Horton’s and he was waiting at another. We each calmed down and made arrangements to meet again.

This time we made sure we each understood where to meet. I am now the proud owner of a new motorcycle jack.

On Friday, I have time off and will be going wholeheartedly on the bike!

No comments:

Post a Comment