My Honda CM400T (Or E)

My Honda CM400T (Or E)
This is how my bike looked upon purchase.

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Doing the Wave

Well, I can’t resist the feeling anymore. I am absolutely hooked. I love riding motorcycles! Twice I was riding today around my neighbourhood, taking the bike up to sixty KPH. I received my first ‘we’re both bike, so let’s pretend like we are friends’ wave from another rider on a Ninja. I tried to wave in such a way as not make it obvious that I was thrilled. It was a cool little flick in his direction… But I wanted to give him a great, flapping wave I was so excited. It didn’t last long, however, as I passed a guy on some great, honking Harley-Davidson. I gave him a larger, excited, goofy wave, but he just ignored me. I guess my dinky, light-blue Honda wasn’t good enough compared to his great chunk of American metal. So much for the biker fraternity...

My wife and I have been talking quite a bit about it. She is still concerned but recognizes that I really enjoy this and that I am, by nature, a cautious person. So, she has accepted that I will ride.
As for the bike, it handles well although I still have some trouble getting it back into first. I am also a little hesitant about coming out of first from a stop. I didn’t stall today, but felt a shudder at times. And the bike revs a bit high when I stop and idle at stop signs.

The bike is a good size. It handles easily and quickly. I really can’t see the need for large displacement motorcycles. I never intend to ride on major highways and don’t see myself taking long trips with tons of gear and passengers. Perhaps as I get more used to it, I might want more, but I think that the light weight of the bike is better than the weight of a big displacement bike. Most of the world rides smaller bikes. Can’t see why North Americans are so obsessed with big bikes.

But, I have decided that I really am going to sell the bike. I want to take the safety course and can’t afford it without selling the bike. So, it has to go. I have someone coming tomorrow to look at it. I hope to sell it then take my course next week or the week after. In the future, I will look to buy a newer bike. I’ve enjoyed fixing the bike, but I think I like riding more.

No comments:

Post a Comment