My Honda CM400T (Or E)

My Honda CM400T (Or E)
This is how my bike looked upon purchase.

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Houston, We Have Lift-Off

I have been sick as a dog this week, so it took longer than I expected to get the bike home. But it can back home today!

Sad thing is, by the time it was delivered, I had to go out on some errands. And by the time I got home for that, I had to run out again to meet my sister for a movie. But in between, I managed to squeeze in my first ride!

Yes, unbelievably, I have ridden my bike. Just around the corner… And completely illegally, as the bike is not certified and I have no insurance, but it was great! The bike ran fine. I stalled it once at a stop sign, but it started up great again. The only problem (And it is probably me) is that I couldn’t fine neutral once I wanted to stop. It took several tries to get it right.


So, the price paid to the mechanic was worth it, even if it was a lot more than I wanted to pay. To safety, my father-in-law and I will have to get the signals working right. And I should do the fork seals. But other than that it is ready to ride. The mechanic says the tires and brakes are fine. So I should be able to get it on the road soon. I can’t wait! I even took the plunge and went and wrote my M1, so I am actually licensed to ride a motorcycle in Ontario.

I am on the way. Enjoy the pictures of the middle-aged guy feeling as excited as a kid at Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment